Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Loader And Functional Menu Framework complete


Thankyou Tyler for the music.
The "pre-loader" I made worked fine when testing on my computer in CS5...
But something is going wrong here... I think that... The pre-loader glitches
out when it tries to load but the .swf is not in focus. Just a hunch.

Update:
After trying multiple versions of loading I have decided the best way to
get the loader to work is by hard-coding the file-sizes to be downloaded in the
swf.
I just tried a 3rd party plugin with file: "F37_D" (version D) and it still had
the same problem. I hear this can be solved with a server side solution that
can answer requests for file sizes. BUT... Lets patch it up the simple way.
My loader class will have an optional parameter for a file-size override.
When in effect, it ignores the file-size given by flashes progress event.

Update#2:2012.02.03[5:49PM]
Version D has had the 3rd party plugin removed.
For the time being, my solution is a simple "sizeOverride"
parameter in the items I add to the loader.

No comments:

Post a Comment