Thursday, January 12, 2012

.getBounds "wrong" results.

When getting bounds of an object relative to it's OWN coordinate system,
those values will NOT be scaled. I was trying to figure out why my bounding
boxes were off with the explosions in my game. I realized it was because
I created the explosions by scaling the objects in the game, which made
the results of .getBounds unreliable.

Solution:
var oBnd:Rectangle = someObject.getBounds(someObject);
var bLft:Number = oBnd.left   * someObject.scaleX;
var bRgt:Number = oBnd.right  * someObject.scaleX;
var bTop:Number = oBnd.top    * someObject.scaleY;
var bBot:Number = oBnd.bottom * someObject.scaleY;
//Now use bLft,bRgt,bTop & bBot to make your calculations.

3HRS30MIN. Time For Bed.
Sleep on why my collision checking is not working when trying to go from bounding box collision to circle-circle collision.

No comments:

Post a Comment